Sea Kayaking Skills Course in Patagonia, Bariloche
Each year since 2015, we run sea kayaking courses in different lakes of the Patagonian Andes, mainly in Bariloche, San Martin de los Andes and Neuquén areas. The courses are run in Spring and Summer months when conditions are better for the practices.
This is a intensive practical course based on different paddling schools curriculum that we learned working and guiding. The main structure is based on A.C.A. level 3 course with N.O.L.S. leadership and risk management components, plus all the experience we have gained guiding paddlers for the last 12 years.
Course content: Kayak design & equipment , Basic Maneuvers and strokes, Advance strokes (sweeps, braces, sculling, etc), Practice & control of your kayak on adverse conditions, Team Rescues & Self-rescues, Weather on paddling trips, Topography and coasts, Navigation Skills, Risk Management & Decision Making, Leadership skills, camp & logistics upon others subjects.
Juan Carlos Queirolo:
• Nahuel Huapi National Park Mountain & Kayaking Guide
• A.C.A American Canoe Association Level 3, Coastal Kayaking
• A.E.T.A.V. Guide Instructor
• N.O.L.S. Senior Instructor
• A.A.G.M. Mountain Guide
• W.F.R. First Aid Certified
• L.N.T. Leave No Trace Master Educator
• AV 1 Level Avalanche Awareness
• Nahuel Huapi National Park Kayak Touring Guide
• American Canoe Asociation A.C.A. Instructor Level 3
• Lead Instructor for the North carolina Outward Bound School
• Wilderness First Responder Instructor, Fundación Ecomed
• Leave No Trace Trainer
Hope you get motivated and want to learn & strength your paddling skills in the best classroom Patagonia has to offer!
Duration: 3 days
Level of Challenge: Medium
Recommended Season: October until April
Bilingual Certified Kayak Instructor (1 every 5 participants) Sea Kayaks + personal equipment + kayak safety gear
First Aid Kit + VHF Radio + GPS
Not included: Accomodations, wetsuit, etc…